NOTE: All documents and information are kept strictly confidential and are only seen and handled by necessary staff. Parishes and schools are advised against making or keeping copies of documents that contain sensitive personal information.
Step One: Employment Application
- The Interview
- Reference Check Conducted by Parish or School
- Sample Reference Questionnaire
- Employee Background Check Authorization Form (NOTE: No employee may begin working without first clearing a background check.
- Provide Summary of Rights Under FCRA (This is required whether or not OSE processed a credit check; please call OSE if you need an explanation of this document).
- The Parish or School then has six (6) weeks to help the employee complete the following in order to maintain an active and eligible profile. Please see Step 4.
- Attend Live Session of VIRTUS® Protecting God’s Children® for Adults. Visit http://www.virtus.org to view a list of sessions and register or
- Provide Certificate of Attendance at a live session of VIRTUS® Protecting God’s Children® for Adults from outside the Diocese of Madison or
- If applicable, Transfer Electronic VIRTUS® Online Profile to Diocese of Madison (and the parish where the individual will volunteer)
- Read the Policy Book
- Read the Code of Conduct
- Sign the Statement of Receipt and Agreement (SRA) with a witness who will return the form to OSE