Get away for a weekend with the one you love and make the most of your marriage preparation. Join the marriage prep team for a scenic winter get-away at Camp Gray or a springtime adventure at Durward's Glen. Both retreats offer the perfect opportunity to step away from the hustle and bustle of planning your big day and focus on the intimacy and joy you both look forward to in your lifetime together. This is the perfect opportunity to deepen your relationship with one another and to discover the Sacrament of Marriage as a beautiful gift.
- Topics include: communication, faith, intimacy, stewardship, and God's divine plan for marriage.
- You will have greater dialogue time for deeper discussion--just the two of you!
- It is an opportunity for Mass, confession, and prayer.
- One weekend meets the requirements of attending both MP seminars and NFP 101.
This retreat was exactly what my fiance and I needed during this preparation time of our lives. Our communication was ten-fold improved, and our love for each other deepened in a whole new way. I wouldn't have changed a thing!"
The retreat starts on Friday night at 6 p.m. and ends on Sunday at 2 p.m. The cost is
per couple and includes meals, lodging, and materials.
Session size is limited, and registration closes two weeks in advance of retreat.
Why Attend a Retreat?
The Marriage Prep retreats are without a doubt the best way for couples to experience their marriage preparation. They can have a profound impact on the couples that attend and the success of their future marriage for three basic reasons:
- The weekend is about the engaged couple. It speaks directly to the love they feel deep in their hearts. It provides ample time for couples to discuss, ponder and dream, free from the distractions of everyday life. The sacraments of Reconciliation and Mass will be offered, more time to talk together, romantic candle-light dinner for two, and some fun sprinkled in!
- Married couples will share their experiences of the joys and struggles of everyday married life. Marriage isn’t always pretty! But it’s real life…and it’s important for engaged couples to understand the realities of two people joining together for life and the challenges of starting a family.
- As Catholics we believe that Christ must be the center of our marriages. What does that mean? How is that played out in day to day living? We also explore God’s plan for marriage, with the assurance that joy is the fruit of following His plan.
How It's Different
How is this different from the other two Marriage Prep days offered by the diocese? The weekend retreat will include the content of both programs.
If a couple attends the retreat they do not need to attend the other two days.
But the material is packaged within a quiet, restful weekend that allows the couple to focus on themselves. And, you get two requirements taken care of in one weekend!
We urge engaged couples to fit this opportunity into their schedules. We spend so much time, energy, and money on the wedding (often more than $20,000!) - a $275-weekend that will put your marriage on the right track hardly seems a burden.
Isn’t it worth a lifetime of love and joy?