Major Gifts Coordinator
The Diocese of Madison is looking for a Major Gifts Coordinator to advance the mission of the Diocese by inviting pastors, parishioners, donors and other constituents into deeper stewardship of financial resources through major gifts and planned gifts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Solicit gifts from prospective and active donors.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and prospective donors.
- Manage a portfolio and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective donors.
- Monitor prospective contacts to ensure positive and purposeful donor relations.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contact with potential and major gift donors.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for all donors.
- Acknowledge and thank donors via phone or in-person.
- Work collaboratively with the staff of Office of Stewardship and Development, as well as other diocesan and parish employees.
- Create and maintain relationships with pastors, other clergy and laity to assist with planned and major gift program implementation in diocesan parishes.
- Share the mission of the diocese and the Catholic faith with benefactors in order to encourage their own relationship with Christ.
- Must be a highly energetic, self-motivated and self-directed professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop and maintain positive, supportive, and productive relationships with donors and potential donors.
- Provide strong, creative and energetic leadership and work selflessly to help the mission.
- Strong listening skills and ability to develop rapport with people of all ages and economic backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Required Education & Experience:
- Three years or more in related field
- Proven record of major gift development
- Practicing Catholic in good standing
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with producing promotional materials
- Proficiency in fundraising database management systems
- Strong faith-based understanding of philanthropy
- Knowledge of or ability to learn quickly the methodologies of planned giving
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel throughout the Diocese
- Ability to prioritize and self-direct workload
To apply, submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
Diocese of Madison
Attn: Jill Driscoll
702 S. High Point Rd. Suite 225
Madison WI 53719